Sunday, January 31, 2010
It has been a wonderful weekend. I've had alot of rest, alot of together time with my man, alot of good fellowship with my good friend Julie, and alot of good food!
I probably should clean the house up from our fun weekend, but I'm actually feeling quite content with leaving it be for now. Both Grant and I are relaxing right now and there is no need to ruin that!! I will make a homemade pizza for dinner tonight and I am greatly looking forward to that.
Okay Lady Gaga just got onto the red carpet and oh-my-mercy she is bizarre. I am not into her. She looks like the Intergalactic Statue of Liberty Solar System Princess. And HELLO to her mega-short "skirt".... I think I can almost see her area.
Okay I had an apple as a snack and that is just not going to cut it. I'm off to eat some Oreos. Peace.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I was just eating one and then I thought "I have to blog about this right now".
Breakfast tacos come in many different varieties and flavors. My personal "old faithful" is the sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast taco.
It is heaven.
Monday, January 25, 2010
I love it when Grant's parents come in town.
I think I can best describe the weekend in list format:
Places We Shopped:
1. Ikea (Oh-my-good-gracious)
2. Hobby Lobby (Hooray for picking out fabulous fabric for my dining room chairs!)
3. Tuesday Morning (it was a hidden one that I had never seen before and a whole new world has been opened to me)
5. Marshall's Home Goods
6. Charming Charlie
Glory, glory hallelujah.
Things We Ate:
1. King Cake that a New Orleans friend brought to Grant. It had a cream cheese filling. Oh yes, it did.
2. BBQ at Goode Company.
3. Pasta and breadsticks at The Olive Garden
4. French Fried Onions, bread with honey butter and yummy steaks at Salt Grass Steakhouse. (We tried to go to Taste of Texas but the wait was 2 FLIPPING HOURS so we voted no!)
Things Grant and his Dad did:
We had a wonderful, wonderful time with them and they got back to New Orleans just in time to watch the Saints game! Hooray for the Saints going to the Superbowl! We always have such a great visit with them.
Yesterday, after church, we went to eat lunch with a bunch of friends cause Grant and I were craving some mexican food. We went to Cyclone Anaya's and I filled up on chips and queso but then I filled up again on tacos.
I should be full but I'm not.
Friday, January 22, 2010
What happened, you ask?
Something died inside of me and really wanted to come out but couldn't, and then I thrashed around in bed for a day and then I spent the hours of 5pm-3am hugging the toilet and then I died and then I came back to life.
Today, I feel like a new woman. Praise the Lord. That was not a good side of me!
You know what else is awesome? Grant's parents are in town! Hooray! They drove in late last night. I am at work today, but Grant took the day off and he is playing (you guessed it!) golf with his dad. His mom is visiting with one of her dear friends who lives in Houston. We are so glad to have them here. As usual, we will eat our way through Houston this weekend! I just hope my appetite is back by then. I'm still a little scared to eat anything. This has been a very strange way to lose weight! :)
Monday, January 18, 2010
Tina Fey is adorable.
I normally don't comment on the men because, you know, a tux is a tux. However, I felt like this boy's tux was especially shiny, and that is worth commenting on.
What is going on here?
Seriously. It looks like the pink icing they use for the cakes at Kroger.
I like Zoe in this color and I LOVE the dress.
She is adorable and frankly a bit too pretty for me.
Kate Hudson. I have mixed feelings. Well, I don't have mixed feelings about the shoes. Hate those. But the dress is hot and cold for me. The bodice is cool but the top of it looks like a folded white dinner napkin with styrofoam coming out of the top. But somehow, it works.
I am confused about this dress. It seems a bit dated to me. The material of the top (and the large cut-out) remind me of something you could buy in mid-90's at 5-7-9 in Willowbrook Mall.
I LOVE Jenna Fischer and I love this dress. Bless her heart, she looks like she didn't know what to do with herself holding that umbrella. "What do I do with my other hand?!" Pose!
This is a person from "Glee" who's name I cannot recall but who's dress I adored. Way to go, Glee person!
Emily Blunt had a pretty dress on.
But it looked even better when she was standing next to her fiance, Jim Halpert.
Christina from MadMen... the buxom red-headed secretary. I'm not liking the color on her.
This is Chloe, and she is weird.
Can we just pause a moment and look at this?
Julia! It was so good to see you! But I felt like you were a bit dressed down, my dear.
This is Courtney Cox.
But more importantly, these are Courtney Cox's earrings. HELLO!!!!
This is a pretty purple person who's dress I think is amazing.
Nicole, I love you madly but I feel like this dress is a bit like a satin sheet.
Drew Barrymore was wearing fiberoptic coral on her dress. It was strange.
Kate Winslet was looking very svelte!!
I love Jen Garner.
But how do we feel about her hair? Miss America 1992, perhaps?
Thursday, January 14, 2010
2. How much cash do you have on you? Exactly one dollar. Anyone who tries to rob me will be very dissapointed.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? Sore
4. Favorite planet? Jupiter. It has the big red spot. Or maybe Pluto cause I feel bad for him now that they kicked him out. And oh yeah, Earth.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? Work. Oops.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? I don't really have a ringtone. It's just a standard ring. Boring, I know.
7. What shirt are you wearing? A black long sleeved t-shirt
8. Do you label yourself? Sometimes, at work, I will stick some of the mailing labels on myself. Normally just the ones that say "first class" cause I'm clever like that.
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? Pink Fuzzy Socks that Aren't Shoes
10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark for sure.
11. What do you think about the person who is to your left? Grant was just there. He's pretty cool.
12. What does your watch look like? Gold and silver, with an ivory face.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Um, sleeping. It's midnight.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? Leaving.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Do we even have those here?
16. What's something that you say a lot? Add Cheese.
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? Grant Philip. Like I said, he's pretty cool.
18. Last furry thing you touched? My Moxie dog.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Nose spray, DayQuil, Claritin, and that which will keep me from having the babies.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Um yeah I use digital cause I am in the year 2010.
21. Favorite age you have been so far? 25... best year yet :)
22. Your worst enemy? Pasta. And it is also the best friend I ever had.
23. What is your current desktop picture? A lovely floral meadow.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? That sounds ever-so exciting.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? Flying. I hate traffic.
26. Do you like someone? I like most people.
27. The last song you listened to? "Choose" by Christy Nockels
28. What time of day were you born? 7:16am. And even then I screamed cause I thought it was ridiculous to be up that early.
29. What’s your favorite number? No idea why, but it has always been 6.
30. Where did you live in 1987? Houston. In the Pines of Woodedge!
31. Are you jealous of anyone? The people who can eat all the carbs they want and still look like a twig.
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Only of my athletic abilities.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? English class. Never want to feel that way ever again.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Whine and tell everyone who walks by "this machine stole my money!!"
35. Do you consider yourself kind? Yes.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I honestly do not want one but for this sake of this never-ending survey, I'm gonna go with ankle.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Francais.
38. Would you move for the person you loved? I've done it before and I'd do it again!
39. Are you touchy feely? Yes. I'm a very affectionate girl... give me a hug!!
40. What’s your life motto? More Macaroni
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Wedding ring, cellphone, Diet Coke
42. What’s your favourite town/city? New York, I guess? There's so many more places I'd love to go though...
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Breakfast tacos
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I wrote a thank you note on stationary and mailed it last week... so there.
45. Can you change the oil on a car? I think there is a law against that. I can, however, drive it to Jiffy Lube and pay someone to do that.
46. What's one thing that you will never talk about on your blog? Hunting. You can pretty much count on that.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? I'm a whole mutt of Europeans. Scottish, Irish, English, German, French. That's all I got.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I'm sure it was for a wedding of some sort!
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? We've gone jogging the last few nights and my legs no longer work.
50. What are you going to do now? Get on the train to sleepy town.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
I do love all of God's creatures. Especially ladybugs, bumblebees, dragonflies and butterflies. But they do not belong on our office wall!! :)
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Marathons. Running in general. I feel like running is kind of "in" right now and I am so impressed with these women that can just run and run without stopping. I admire these people. I covet their toned legs and slender physique. I, too, would like to be toned and slender. But, let's face it, I can never be a runner. The reason for this is three-fold. Firstly, there are too many things bouncing when I run and I feel like a Saturday Night Live sketch. Secondly, I have mild asthma that is triggered by running. I get all wheezy and then I'm all "hey, there is no breathing going on with me right now". Thirdly, I have better things to do with my time than run for extended periods of time.
Working Out Before Work. Unless my work day starts at noon, this is not going to happen for me. Believe me, I wish I could do it this way. I definitely see the benefit. Sometimes I've even set my alarm for the butt-crack of dawn in order to attempt this. It ain't happenin'. I need sleep. And, if I do get up early, I can sit quietly and pray and spend time with Jesus. I don't need to be all sweaty and dying first thing in the morning.
Going to Olive Garden and ordering a salad. Honestly, this one I don't even admire. This one I'm just feeling sorry for you. There is no benefit to doing this and you are stupid.
Scrapbooking. It is adorable and fun. I love looking at other people's and sometimes I wish someone would make one for me. As creative as I am, I am just not a scrapbooker. Time. Money. Patience. A variety of scissors and special glue.
Cooking breakfast before work. Again, with the mornings. No. No. No. The real biggie here is that I'm not much of a breakfast person to begin with. Now, here at the house I will from time to time make myself a bowl of cereal, or, if I'm feeling especially fancy, a piece of toast/waffle with peanut butter on it. And, if he's out of bed yet, I will make one for Grant because I'm very wifely like that. But in general, he is on his own for breakfast.
Giving up the Diet Cokes. Okay, I feel like I have been bombarded with this one lately. I know, I know, I know. I know about the sugars. I know that they are saying it makes you gain weight. I also know that some meals require a Diet Coke with it (pizza, popcorn, burger and fries, chips and queso, and other healthy assortments). I need carbonated caffiene and I need it to taste good.
IN MY DEFENSE, and so y'all don't think I'm a Lazy Lucy...there is one thing that I said I would never do that I am now doing:
Coupons- Oh yes, I clip coupons. Mind you, I'm not one of those spazzy coupon people that double up and walk in the store with an accordian file full of coupons, but they did save me over $9 from HEB yesterday!
What about you, friend? Is there something that other people do that you wish you could do but you know that it is just never gonna happen? Or is there something that you always scoffed at that you are now happily participating in?
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Our apartment in Houston didn't provide as many options but there was a sweet couple across the hall from us that we often talked with and we looked out for each other when one of us went out of town.
In the short 2 weeks that we have lived in our house, we have been "loved on" by our neighbors! The very night we moved in, we got a knock on the door and met some very sweet people who brought over an apple pie and a "if you need anything just come on over!" Those same people watched our house for us while we were in New Orleans for New Years.
Well, last night, around 11:00, I had been hearing some pretty constant "meowing" at our front door. There was a kitty that for some reason felt that we were his owners. Grant was getting irritated... but I turned on the porch light and then we made eye contact. Now, in general I am not really a "cat person". I don't hate cats or anything but I'm much more prone to dogs. But this cat looked well-kept and very much like an inside cat. He also looked young and had a cute face. And, more importantly, he had a collar.
So, amidst the moaning and groaning of my husband, I stepped outside and tried to read kitty's collar. "Freedom - 281-XXX-XXXX- REWARD"
Then I felt sad... this is someone's pet. So I grabbed my phone and called the number. "Hi, Sorry, we're not home right now, leave a message and we'll call you back!" So I left a message saying I had found their cat and to call me back. They didn't call back.... but i couldn't just LEAVE HIM out there! It is so COLD! But I couldn't let him in the house because Moxie was going to go bonkers.
So, I brought him into the house and sat with him in the utility room, waiting for a phone call that just was not coming. Then I had the idea to google the phone number and see if it was listed. Sure enough, the address that pulled up was just down the street.
"Let's go for a drive!". Grant, very irritated at this point, got dressed in warm clothes (because it was stupid cold outside) and we all (Grant, Freedom and I) drove around trying to read people's addresses.
We finally found the house... both cars in the driveway had "Sav-A-Pet" bumper stickers. When I approached the house (at 11:30 at night, mind you) I was semi-afraid that someone was going to shoot me. All the lights were off in the house. I knocked lightly which of course did nothing. So then I rang the doorbell and all the dogs inside started barking like crazy. After a few minutes, a very scared woman started inching her way towards the door. I held the cat up to the window so she wouldn't shoot. I knew that she wouldn't shoot an animal!
Then her eyes lit up and she ran right to the door... opened it and yelled "FREEDOM!!!!" just like William Wallace did in Braveheart. I handed him over and kept saying "I'm so sorry it's so late... I am so so sorry, he was at my door, It's so late I'm so sorry". I could tell she had kids and it was a school night!
She then said thank you about 48 times in rapid succession and then shut the door cause it was stupid cold. I ran back to the car and was greeted by my husband saying "did she give you a reward?"
I then lectured him on "what if that had been Moxie?!" and "we did a good thing!" and "I wouldn't take a reward even if she offered it!".
I was just being neighborly.
And this has been a very long story that could've been summed up in "I found a cat and I returned it". But then again, everytime I see this giant scratch on my arm, I'm reminded of Freedom.
Unless the reward was like $500. Cause I totally would've taken that.
Monday, January 4, 2010
1. I HAVE THE INTERNET AND TELEVISION IN MY HOUSE AS OF THIS MORNING. PRAISE THE LORD :)
2. Happy New Year to you! It is now 2010, hot darn! We had a great time celebrating the New Year in New Orleans with Grant's family.
3. I've missed all my blogland peoples.
4. YES I KNOW, I need to post pictures of my house. I am working on it!!
5. Okay I'm off to make some jambalaya with sausage and cornbread!