Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yes Hello My Name is Jen and I Would Like to Say That it is Too Hot Outside

Seriously people. Seriously.

The heat index (the "feels like" temperature) has hit 108 for the last two days.

108.

The only moisture we are getting here in Houston is humidity and our own sweat. When I walked outside this morning to go to my car I thought that maybe I somehow was accidentally in Africa.

I actually have my Ph.D. from WEBMd and I would like to share with you the many symptoms of heat stroke:

1. High Body Temperature
2. Hot Red or Flushed Dry Skin
3. Rapid Pulse
4. Difficulty Breathing
5. Strange Behavior
6. Hallucinations
7. Confusion
8. Agitation
9. Disorientation
10. Seizure
11. Coma

Let's just say right now that I have experienced Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 in the last 48 hours. However, 3 and 4 are largely based on the fact that I had another workout with Alonzo tonight and numbers 5-9 are pretty much with me year round. Especially number 5. Year round.

Let's all pray against 10 and 11, shall we?

IT IS TOO HOT.

TOO.

HOT.

Okay and that's all I have to say about that and thank you very much.

5 comments:

Allie said...

Is it gloriously sunny too? I can do high temps so long as it's sunny too. Here it's just warm and overcast and thundery and yuck. Though Today is cooler and we are nowhere near reaching temps as high as yours. My hair misbehaves when it's too warm though, and so if yours does too, I feel your pain girl!!

Another workout with Alonzo?? I'm proud of you Jen!! The most exercise I do right now is running up and down stairs a million times a day to fetch lovies, puzzles and Lego!

And that is my mini essay done too :)

have a good day!

The Ratpack said...

You are hilarious!!

and Amen sister! I hate me some houston summers!

and to the above commenter, please send that rain our way!! my grass is the color of wheat!

connorcolesmom said...

Seriously!!
It is way too hot
We went to the pool the other day and this is a BIG neighborhood pool and it was like bath water - yuck!!
TOO HOT~
Love you girl!
Kim

Brittney said...

TOTALLY too hot - I'm here in Austin sharing in the heat!!!

Jennifer said...

Very HOT! Each day brings a new higher number...at least according to my car. Hope you got some of that rain yesterday. I didn't :(