Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Because She's Becoming a Princess, That's Why!!

Hello, my name is Jen, AND I WILL BE WATCHING THE ROYAL WEDDING.

I've been doing my prep work.

I've been watching all the coverage of the Royals on TLC.

I've studied the itinerary and the times of each event.

I've done the difficult math in my head to determine what time it will be in Houston, Texas when these festivities are taking place.

I know that Kate Middleton and her father will leave the Goring Hotel at 10:51am London time (4:51am Houston time) and arrive at Westminster Abbey at 11:00am London time (5:00am Houston time) at which point the ceremony will begin.

I know that they will appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace at 1:25pm London time (7:25am Houston time) to wave and kiss.

I know that I will be INCREDIBLY disappointed if she does not wear a crown or a tiara as is rumored. Apparently she may settle for a hat but come on, Kate! You of all people have a fantastic reason to wear a tiara. Wear it. WEAR IT FOR ALL OF US.

Now, some of you might be thinking "Jen, why don't you just DVR the wedding and watch it later?"

I will not be up at 3am watching every member of the Royal family walk into the Abbey. I don't really care and I can watch all that later (as I will be recording this) but I FULLY intend to wake up and see her leave her hotel and arrive at the Abbey. I intend to watch her walk down the aisle.

Because this is an historic moment, people, and I want to watch it live!!

And she's just so beautiful and fashion-forward and I am super excited to see what her dress looks like.


I told Grant about my plans and he said "Wow. Women are so different from men".

Even some of my own friends that that I am silly but I'm sorry, this is very exciting for me. I love weddings. I love history. I used to have a crush on Prince William. I love diamonds and crowns and tiaras. This is happening.

Who's with me?!?!? Leave a comment if you're going to join!!

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

not only will I be watching, but later that evening a group of us are getting together to watch it...complete with tea and scone, so we can pretend like we are really there!

Kelli said...

You want to come over and watch it with me?? My mom watched Di get married in the middle of the night when she was pregnant with me, we watch her funeral together, and I suspect Annslee will get to watch it live with me too! :)

Russell King said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

I'm debating getting up, but my darling little boy just starting sleeping (mostly) through the night, so sleep is still a little too precious for me :)

Either way, I'll DVR it! I'm right there with you. Can't WAIT to see the dress.

Speaking of gender differences, they were talking about the wedding on tv the other day and my awesomely clueless husband says "So, like, how do they decide which of those dudes is going to be king?". Clearly a royal expert.

Never Enough Food said...

I will be recording it and watching it while Rett is at work so I don't have to listen to him tell me how dumb I am.

Brittney said...

oh I want to! I haven't been looking into it as much as you have... what channel is it on? haha! But I *want* to watch it!!!! Where can I find the best deets ?

I would love it if you'd email me the deets/channel/etc. brittneymelton523@gmail.com

Lauren said...

I can't WAIT for the royal wedding either!!!!!

Amber C said...

I'll be there!!!

Ashley Howard said...

Yeah, not going to watch it, but mainly because I have no cable...

The Scott Family said...

I AM!!! I am so excited! My cousin and I will be IMing on facebook during the entire thing! I agree with you, this is HISTORY people!

Jessyka said...

I'm definitely watching it! I have to leave my house at 5:30 that morning to get to work, so I'll be up anyway. I'm so excited :o)

Allie said...

Well since I am a brittish citizen I have of course been invited to watch it... Via my TV screen just like you! Ha. I am excited to see if Kate wears her hair up or down and obviously to see THE dress. Ive been telling Courtney that the prince is getting married, but she said he is getting married in Disneyland not London, because 'all the REAL princesses live there!' since when she visited London there were 'no princesses and just a lit of normal people' ha. We have tiaras and teacups at the ready to have tea on the rug of the lounge while we watch it. Then we are headed to a street party to live it up and celebrate :) can you tell I'm excited?!

Ps praying for your Wednesday rehearsal, I know it will go great, my Jesus has gone before you girl x

KimberlyMDavis said...

YEAH..........finally a girl after my own heart!! I have also calculated my entire plan, and just finished my Royal Wedding Day blog, with complete plan in place.

So glad I am not the only one; however, I will be up watching all the royals and guest arrive. Its like a red carpet, just MAJOR!!

Ha! Happy Watching.

Laura SanchezQuan said...

I will likely not watch it live, however, I know it will be all over tv forever immediately after so likely I will turn on the tv when I wake up (and with twins babies it might be very early and live after all.)

secondly, I also had a crush on Prince William especially when I lived in the UK and because he is my age and all. It was so likely he had a crush on me too. I totally forgot about that. weird.

thirdly, is Kate fashion forward? maybe I'm not so I cannot tell when someone else is.

fourthly, I am most interested in her dress.

lastly, if I were her I'd wear a matching bra/undies set made only of diamonds. I'd insist on it.