Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Little Prince

Y'all know I love me some royals. 

I mapped out the wedding itinerary weeks ahead of time and was up at 4:30am watching Kate Middleton become the Duchess of Cambridge.

I don't know why I care so much. Maybe it's because I had a crush on William in middle school. His picture from YM Magazine was taped to my bathroom mirror. Maybe it's because I find Kate to be so poised and lovely and she has handled all this craziness with such grace. 

Maybe it's because her hair is always completely flawless.

I don't know.

All I know is that for the last 10 days or so, every morning I would wake up when Ellie started fussing and before I went to get her out of her crib, I'd lay in bed and check the news sites on my iPhone to see if Kate was in labor.

Yes, I let my baby cry while I surfed the internet to see if a chick in London that I don't know might be experiencing contractions. My priorities are spot on.

 Monday morning I woke up to the news that she was in labor. And I seriously thought "Oh, thank goodness. Natalie from the Today Show has seemed bored out of her mind over there. Now she can finally go home."

Again, I've got a great handle on priorities in my life. 

After that, I was glued to the live feed of the hospital door. And then they announced that the baby had been born, and a boy at that! A tiny little 8 pound prince. A little prince who will be King of England. A roar went out among the crowd outside the hospital. I started laughing, thinking what it must be like to be in your hospital room holding your tiny little baby and hear hundreds of people cheering outside your hospital window! 

They haven't named him yet. I'm hoping it's Philip or George. William's full name is William Arthur Philip Louis so I'm pretty sure there's a chance that this new little prince could have one of my 2 picks somewhere in his four names!

Today I spent an embarrassing amount of time watching the live feeds again waiting for those hospital doors to open. And then they emerged!


Let's have a moment.

First of all - precious.

Second of all - the polka dot dress is a lovely choice. Pretty sure she chose it as an homage to Princess Diana who also wore polka dots when she stood on those same steps holding Prince William.

But let's get down to business. Let's talk about the most important thing. HER HAIR. Y'all. I know she had a stylist come to the hospital to fix her hair but really. YESTERDAY this chick was in labor for about 10 hours and then delivered that EIGHT POUND child naturally. And I'm sure right now she's sore and still bleeding and wearing all levels of pads and spanks under that lightweight little dress she's wearing. 

Let's take a moment and look at Puffy McPuffyFace as she left the hospital with her daughter.


So swollen. So puffy. 

I'm just glad that as we put that baby in the car the only person taking my picture was my husband and it wasn't broadcast to the entire world. 

For the love.

No comments: