Monday, September 16, 2013

And I Said "Hey, What's Going On?"

And the bad blogger award of 2013 goes to me, myself and I. 

 I don't know if it's writer's block or if I just get overwhelmed at the amount of things I need to catch up on when it comes to this blog, but I just can't get myself into the habit of blogging. I'm working on it!

So what's going on with us? Let's break it down by family member, shall we?

Grant:

Grant starts a new job October 1. We're excited and I am very proud of him. Until then, he is filling his time with honey-do's, vacations, golf, hunting, and playing with his Ellie girl.

Jen:

I am trying to get into some sort of routine cause I am needing one, badly. I've started going to the Mother Wise Bible study and my church and I am loving it. I am helping with the kids choir again and have already started rehearsals for the Christmas show. I chase after Ellie all day, am trying to get myself back onto a diet, and tonight I'm getting a haircut because I need it ever so desperately. Oh, and last month I turned 29.

Ellie:

Oh, this child. She is 14 months old today. She is funny. She is very opinionated about her food to the point that her mother almost submitted a letter of resignation but then she does her Woody Woodpecker laugh and everything is better after that. She will consistently eat blueberries, bananas, peanut butter and jelly, chicken nuggets, hot dog, peaches and pears. Sometimes she eats yogurt. She never eats vegetables, pasta, or cheese. And I wish she would try pizza but she won't. Pretty much all Italian food in general is against her core beliefs and I'm not sure how to handle all of that. 

She says "Hi", "Daddy", "Mommy", "Puppy", "Thank You" (kank-koo), "Nummy Nummy", "Buhbuh Guhee" (Bubble Guppies) (Kinda not proud of that one, but it's precious), and "Ball". She has 7 teeth, she waves bye bye, and she just started pushing a walker toy around the house. She has been slow with her interest in walking, but now that she's trucking around behind a toy, I think it won't be too much longer. She climbs in and out of our storage ottomans and when we go anywhere with stairs her favorite thing to do is climb on up as fast as she can. 

We just got back from a beautiful family vacation in San Diego. It was our first vacation with just the 3 of us. We went to Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, La Jolla and Coronado. We really had a beautiful time and I miss the weather because IT WAS GLORIOUS, I TELL YOU.

Here's some pics from our vacay!





























































































1 comment:

Allie said...

You are the most adorable little family ever. Those pictures are beautiful! I've missed you Jen girl!