Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Eve Eve

It's December 23rd.

I still have three presents to buy. Three. Thankfully, I THINK I can find them all in one store, (praying) so I won't have to stay out too long in this Christmas madness. Three gifts, and then I'm done. 

I'm about 40% done with wrapping so I've got to get on top of that too. We were supposed to go to New Orleans on Friday and then get back in town Sunday night. However, Thursday night I had a 101 degree fever  (I KNOW. I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS KEEPS HAPPENING) so we had to cancel the whole gosh darn thing. We'll go spend Christmas in New Orleans in January. I think we all need a little more time for us to put all this sickness to rest and not be spreadin' our sicky germs all over God's green Earth! 

(Side note: yesterday, three little red bumps popped up on Ellie's neck and shoulder. I about lost my mind. I was like "IF THIS IS THE CHICKEN POX SO HELP ME LORD" but thankfully it was just bug bites. I can't handle another illness. Can. Not.)

I'm so excited about this week and about all the family that we will see.  So many grandparents, cousins, nieces, nephews... it's going to be a blast. 

Saturday night Lindsee came over and we all hopped in the car and drove around River Oaks looking at Christmas lights. River Oaks is a fancy neighborhood in the Houston area filled with multi-million dollar homes and some of them put on quite a Christmas display. We had way too much fun. I might have hopped out of the car at one point to claim one of the houses as my own. Plus, they had chairs in their yard so it was as if they were inviting me to sit down.


I'm so thankful no one had me arrested.

Then we saw this beautiful home. I jokingly put it on Facebook and Instagram and captioned it "Merry Christmas from our home to yours!"


A few people didn't know I was joking. Um, no. I do not live there. Can you imagine?! 

Grant was our in-car DJ and Lindsee made requests throughout the drive. We somehow ended up on a Katy Perry marathon where it was established that she is Ellie's favorite singer. "Roar" is totally her jam and she sings along with the chorus. She also throws in some pretty awesome arm movements. 

Then Lindsee spent the night with us and that always makes my heart very, very happy. 

This week we are laying low and trying not to get sick before our family time which starts TOMORROW! It's Christmas Eve Eve, y'all. Get out your maternity pants.... the EATING IS ABOUT TO BEGIN.

No comments: