The thing is, I took TWO night time sinus pills last night so that I could breathe.
Unfortunately, I'm still a little hung over from the meds this morning, so naturally I figured that this would be a good time to do some medicated blogging. Hey, at least it's not medicated online shopping. Cause I have done that before and regretted in beyond measure.
Since I am not going to be good at stringing thoughts together in any kind of cohesive way that makes sense, let's just settle for a bulleted list:
1. Why don't the Bubble Guppies have more merchandise? Sofia the First is EVERYWHERE. Dora? EVERYWHERE. Bubble Guppies? Meh. I don't understand it. I'm thinking of having a Bubble Guppies birthday party for Ellie's 2nd birthday and I am not finding much. It's bizarre.
2. Yes, I'm in the beginning stages of planning Ellie's 2nd birthday party. Because it's in 3 months. THREE MONTHS, Y'ALL. How is this possible?!
3. Last night, Grant and I brought a meal to some friends who had a baby last week. He is so cute and squishy and lovable. And he slept on my chest and I really feel like that should be a drug. Ohmyword. However, when I got home I did the logical thing to do, which was turn on some sappy music, open up my computer and go through the photos from our first month with Ellie. And I cried. And then I took 2 sinus meds and so do you see how this is all coming around full circle?
4. We've been watching the show 24. We're almost finished with Season 1. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Yes, we are about 10 years late. But I get it. I see what all the fuss is about. It's an amazing show and I am using every ounce of self control I have to not look up spoilers online. I will also say this: I am liking the show... but I don't love watching the show. I feel like I have a panic attack the entire time. When we finish watching it, sometimes I need to turn on something funny because I am a stressball and I've bitten my nails till they're gone. So I turn on The Mindy Project because it is my "get happy" place. Do you watch that show? You should.
5. We're going to the beach a lot this summer so I have been doing some online shopping to load up on gear. Beach toys, beach towels, cover-ups (because Lord knows my white legs aren't something anyone wants to see), tote bags, coolers.... the list goes on and on. I also had a minor panic attack the other day when I realized that I need to look into some life jacket/floaties set up for Ellie as I guarantee that Little Miss Independent will want to be free of me in the pool and/or ocean. And, she'll be 2 this summer, so that is to be expected.... but still. I can't imagine her just kicking around the pool with floaties on. SHE IS JUST A TINY LITTLE INFANT BABY.
Alright, well, I know y'all are just blown away by the eloquence and professionalism of the writing that I've done in the last 10 minutes, but I am going to have to wrap this up. I need to finish my coffee and eat something that's covered in butter and syrup.