Good Morning Readers! I'm at work right now, hoping to enjoy a pleasant, quiet morning since both of the attorneys are out of the office. They will be back after lunch, but I will be enjoying my lack of work! So here are some things that have been on my mind.
1. I can't stop watching the coverage of that missing Mommy in Ohio who is 9 months pregnant and her 2 year old was left home all alone for a day. And he keeps saying "Mommy's in the rug". FREAKY. I will be praying that they find this girl alive and that her baby is okay.
2. Sometimes I feel like your car knows when you are running late and decides to turn the gas light on at that exact moment. I left the house 15 minutes later than I usually do this morning and as I'm rushing out of the apartment complex, the light turns on. I get paranoid about running out of gas so I didn't get onto the interstate until 8:00 this morning. Yikes.
3. I'm actually dreading the Presidential Elections. Name calling, Bush bashing politicians will take over my tv, radio and newspaper for the next year. At the end of it all I have to make an educated decision, vote, and then put up with people hating the president for the next 4 years. Sounds like barrels of fun to me!!
4. Morning showers just make me want to go back to sleep.
5. Grant didn't get home last night till after 9:00. I feel bad for him. When he starts work at 7:00am and doesn't get home till after 9.... that's a long day of physical labor. Not for me. I am so thankful for my husband and how hard he works for our family.
6. I really want my wedding album to come in.
7. Sometimes at work, I sit "indian-style" in my chair. I'm sure this looks very professional and grown-up but it is much more comfortable. Besides, if I sit close enough, I don't think people can tell.
8. I also take off my shoes.
9. I miss going to Astros games.
10. My toe hurts. Yesterday I went to the kennel to pick up Moxie. When we walked out of the building, he was so excited he was running circles around me (literally) and in the confusion of it all, I kicked my foot directly into a cinderblock. My toe was bleeding. It felt really good.
11. People up here in Baton Rouge are getting REALLY excited about LSU football starting in the fall. I have no interest in LSU football. And Mike died recently. Mike is a real live tiger that has lived in a cage on the LSU campus for 17 years. And he died. The city is in a state of mourning. And I think I was almost fired when I said "Who's Mike?" to my boss.
12. And finally, I'm excited about the day after tomorrow. The day after tomorrow I get to see my mom, my dad, both of my sisters and ALL THREE of my nieces!!! Praise Jesus!
Have a wonderful day blog friends!