Friday, August 3, 2007

Feel the Burn

I saw a commercial yesterday for a cruise vacation. They were showing all the cool parts of the ship, like the pools, the rooms, the food, the putting green, etc. And then they showed this high tech, beautiful, fitness center. A fitness center with about 45 people working out on treadmills, lifting weights, doing crunches etc. And all I could think is "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!? Go lay down in a chair by the pool and get a Pina Colada in your hand. Eat alot of food!!". Who works out on a cruise ship???

I have never, ever been the athletic type. I have never been on any organized team. Even as a little girl I never played a sport. I was in dance, so I learned to be coordinated but I sure as heck didn't run or throw anything. That ain't me! :)

My sister-in-law Ronda and I have been attending an aerobics class twice a week. It's aerobics, step, kick-boxing, and boot camp all rolled into one. The girl who teaches it, Anna, is adorable and LOVES what she does. She does it for free as a ministry and she is a wonderful teacher. Last night I was sitting on my couch, trying to think of an excuse as to why I couldn't go. Just getting dressed for it seemed like an excuse enough to me. (Honestly, if I never had to put on a sports bra again for the rest of my life, I think I'd be okay). But I couldn't think of an excuse that was good enough, so off I went.

I. Am. So. Sore. Everything hurts. Hop on one foot for 2 minutes. And while you're hopping on one foot, use that foot to draw a figure eight on the floor. I want you all to picture me hopping around on one foot like a fool and then I want you to picture sweet teacher Anna smiling and saying "GREAT JOB GIRLS!". I swear I almost took off my size 5 tennis shoe and threw it at her head! :)

I felt the burn that's for sure. Alot of people feel better after they work out. I just felt hungry. So I picked up some Wendy's on the way home!

10 comments:

John and Joanna said...

John and I read this entry together and we were rolling!! I love you Jenny you make my day so much better :) Thank you for being real!!! I am really sore this morning too...god bless!!!

Lindsee Lou said...

Oh, nothing else could make my day greater than reading this post and laughing...hard.

I love you.

I am hoping to be "feeling the burn" come this fall. This girl has GOT to start working out again.

Raven said...

oh girl i am the exact same way! i have done a step class and i definitely have no coordination at all.. i am a very very clumsy person! halfway through of feet going this way and arms going that way i had to sit down before i completely ate it on the ground and they had to take me to the ER! so you go girl for actually getting up and going!!

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh!Thanks for the comments you left on my blog. It is very nice to meet you here in bloggity land:)
Brittani
BTW: That is cool you have visited Fellowship! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Ok-the last anonymous comment was me. Sorry, don't know what happened.
Brittani

connorcolesmom said...

Jen,
I so agree - who works out on a cruise ship - give me the spa girlfriend!!
I cracked up picturing you doing you aerobics move!! I am so uncoordinated that my aerobics instructor use to coome back at break and try to help me at which point I would always tell her to give it up God gave me 2 left feet!!
Oh and I do not go to Brook Hills. My parents live in B"ham and we live in Georgia. We have visited BH many times and it is wonderful!
Do you live in AL?
God bless,
Kim

jennyhope said...

your comment on the cheer CRACKED ME UP! I used to die rolling on the floor at those cheerleaders. do you remember elcamino? LOL!!!!!

Jon and Sally said...

For real Jen. You should have a show. Your very own. You'd never be hurting for material.
When your name shows up on my phone I know I better go to the bathroom while I'm answering, or I'm gonna miss my chance and go in my pants!
HA-larious!
Thanks!
Sal

jennyhope said...

Jen...I am a twin 2! She just didn't make the pic. I will have to post one up. We look NOTHING alike. I don't think. I can't believe your sister has twins. I would seriously not be able to carry that pregnancy...but I would die in the chaos!!! My child is a HUGE handful. If they were anything like her I would be in trouble!!!

jennyhope said...

girl I am one of the crazy people working out on the cruise ship. who is going to try to be strong enough to save people when the boat crashes? JUST KIDDING!