Alrighty.... here's my recap.....
1. I am so thankful that they stopped with the boxing analogies tonight. I was getting physically ill with all the boxing gloves, boxing rings, boxing advice, and boxing analogies of last night.
2. I am not thankful for Amanda Overmyer and her nasal voice. Did anyone else think that she clearly did not want to be there?
3. I am thankful for Renaldo, my best friend forever. His marching band was also fabulous. Kudos to them for staying on beat when Renaldo clearly could not do the same.
4. I am thankful for Michael Johns. He left too soon. I hope to see more of him.
5. I am not thankful for George Michael and his forever long song and his awful sunglasses. I thought I was watching a Saturday Nite Live Sketch. Except it wasn't funny. I yelled "I'm bored!!!" atleast 3 times.
6. I am thankful for Jason Castro and Brooke White. Although I felt for her, since the producers chose Graham Nash as her singing partner. What in the....?!?
7. I am not thankful for Fantasia's crayon red hair.
8. I am thankful for Jack Black and his hysterical dance moves. I LOL'd the whole time!!!!
9. I am not thankful for David Archuleta's take at the "Risky Business" guitar hero commercial. I felt awkward watching it. And I'm pretty sure that those boxers felt awkward being in it as well.
10. I am thankful for Paula's red dress.
11. I am not thankful for the producers..... they decided that for the biggest night in cable television, our guest performers should be: Seal, Donna Summer, ZZ Top, Bryan Adams, Graham Nash, One Republic, The Jonas Brothers, and George Michael. Um.... okay.
12. I am thankful for the sweet elderly woman named Pat that Ryan found in the audience. I was especially pleased with her red suit and burgundy hand bag.
13. I am not thankful for Jordin Sparks' gold dress, nor am I thankful for the length of Carrie Underwood's white dress (?). Maybe it wasn't supposed to be a dress. Maybe it was the jacket to a woman's business suit and she just forgot to put her pants on.
14. I am thankful for Simon telling Cook that he was almost being disrespectful last night and apologizing. I appreciate that and I think Cookie did too.
15. I am not thankful for Randy's red suit.
16. I am thankful for the package of bad auditions they showed, especially the one with the girl who is "going into actressing".
17. I am not thankful for the moment of the evening when Ryan said "And the winner.... of American Idol.......... 2008...... isss........................." and then MY DVR SHUT OFF!!!!
18. I am not thankful for my husband LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY like the wicked witch of the west when this happened.
19. I am not thankful that I almost cursed. Almost. Don't judge me.
20. I am thankful for my quick remote skills of switching to a live Fox station and catching the tail end of the rejoicing.
21. I am thankful that David Cook WON!!!
22. I am thankful that Cookie was so gracious and sweet throughout the final song and kept tugging Archuleta on stage.
23. I am not thankful that David Cook's first single contains a lyric about a magic rainbow.
24. I am thankful for the tender moment when Cookie's brother mouthed "That's my brother!!" into the camera.
25. I AM THANKFUL THAT AMERICAN IDOL IS OVER AND I CAN GET ON WITH MY LIFE!!!!!
:) Love ya'll.