Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Two Cents

Good morning, dear friends. Thank you all so much for your kind words after my little episode on Monday! I am back at work, and inching closer and closer everyday to 100% Jen. I am on a wonderful antibiotic and I am so thankful for prescription medication! Also, I am not anemic, so PTL for that :)

Alot has happened in our country the last few days. Initially, I had decided that I was not going to blog anything about the election of our new president. Later though, I realized that if I go back and read my blogs two years from now and see that I seemingly had nothing to say about such a major event, I would be quite dissapointed in myself.

Beth Moore and our pastor, Gregg Matte, had great stuff to say that really spoke truth over my heart. (Most of you have already read Beth's, I'm sure, but click on Gregg's name and see what he has to say. GOOD STUFF.) I am so thankful to study under such great men and women of God such as them.

As for me, the thing that kept whispering into my mind as every state "turned blue" on Tuesday night, was do not be a hypocrite. For the last 8 years, I have been a little more than irked at the people in our country who were not supportive of our government or our president. I didn't always agree with him either, but especially in a time of war, I thought it was more important than ever to stand together, UNITED, and support our leadership. Do not be a hypocrite. Now I have to do that. I have to choose to PRAY for this nation, PRAY for our president-elect, and PRAY that the Lord's will would be done in this country. After all, it is a high probability that my children will be born under this administration. (As I mentioned that very fact to my dear sweet husband, his response was, "We are gonna have kids in the next four years?!?". Yes, dear) So, I will be supportive. I will not like everything, but I will keep praying and promote UNITY!

Now, having said that, I have to now ask this very serious question that has been weighing on my heart for the last 4 to 5 months or so: CAN WE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE NOW??!

2 comments:

Lindsee Lou said...

Thank you for your two cents. I thourougly enjoyed it.

But yes, can we please move on?!!

LOVE YOU!

Katie said...

Yes maam we can!!