1. Thank you all for your comments about my dad's cake. It is hilarious because my dad cooks something once a decade, but one night he was watching t.v. and this infomercial comes on.... and he just decided that he really needed to try that thing! For the record, the contraption is called a Bake'n'fill. You can get more info on it here. In other news, I am seriously considering purchasing a SHAM WOW!
2. I can't handle it anymore. I feel like everyday they play that darn Sarah Mclachlan SPCA commercial... you know the "Angel" one where they show all those dogs looking at you with those sad "I'm dying and you don't care" eyes. I cry EVERYTIME that thing comes on! I guess it is effective but I really have just about had it!
3. It's been awhile since I talked about our nieces and nephews! Quick update on all the kiddos:
Scarlett & Juliet, the twins, are 2 1/2 and are as precious as could be. They have extremely intelligent conversations with you and are quite logical. Scarlett is the problem solver and the planner. Juliet is in charge! We are absolutely loving watching them grow.
Grace will be 2 in May and is such a pumpkin! She likes to put on a show and giggle and love on everybody. She is very expressive and says things like "There, that's better" and "It's so funny!". She melts my heart. My mom says it best when she says that no one expresses joy quite like Grace Parker. That child will clinch her fists, close her eyes, and squeal with delight. I absolutely adore her.
Mr. Dean Jackson will make his debut on March 24th! Jaclyn has to have another caesarean due to Grace's dramatic entrance into this world. But we are so glad that Dean will be here soon. He is a growing boy and we can't wail till he is done cookin'!
And.... Chase & Ronda's twins should be here NEXT MONTH! I cannot believe it. Grant's brother and his wife are going to be amazing parents and we are thrilled to be adding some babies to that side of the family! We are not yet sure of their gender (Ronda has excellent self control) or what their names will be (again, with the secret keeping. Well done!) but we are anxiously anticipating their arrival. When I saw Ronda over Christmas, I "talked" to her belly and told those babies that weekends are best for Aunt Jenny & Uncle Grant. A Monday morning would not be ideal and I would appreciate it if they would cooperate! ;)
4. My new job is going really well. It seems to be less stress and more money, so that is AWESOME! I like everyone here and the office has a great atmosphere. The girls watch The Bachelor so we immediately had something to talk about! :). Grant's office is about 2 minutes away from here so we have had lunch together everyday this week! Typically we just go home for lunch but yesterday we went to California Pizza Kitchen. It was such a treat.
5. Tonight I am going to see "Bride Wars" with my Lindsee. I am super excited for a girl's date!
6. Katie & Mo move here in TWO WEEKS! I am so excited and am eager to have them just a few mere miles away from us!
7. I have gone to the gym THREE times this week. I really like the place, actually. Every cardio machine has its very own television. I bring my ear-phones and watch Entertainment Tonight while I power walk. It makes the time go by so much faster!
8. I've been keeping a food log this week as well. You don't want to know how many times since Sunday that I've had a meal that involves peanut butter. It is unreal.
9. I feel like I don't get enough pasta in my diet. 4 times a week is not nearly enough.
10. I've been practicing my memory verse every day since the 1st. I chose Isaiah 33:2. "Be gracious to us, O Lord; we long for You. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in times of distress". I'm loving it. I repeat it back to myself several times throughout the day!
Have a great weekend, ladies!