Friday, January 6, 2012

And Then It was 2012

Well, it's a new year. I'm 6 days late in writing about it, but here we are. 2012. For some reason I've always felt better about even years than odd years. I was born in an even year, I met Grant in an even year, I got married in an even year.... maybe I'm just a victim to the pattern!

So for our 5 year anniversary we went back to Hyatt Lost Pines Resort which we visited last year. We love it there. I mentioned that we were going there on Facebook, and their social media team delivered a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a card to our room. So sweet!

The next morning we slept in and ordered breakfast room service. Room service is one of my most favorite things in the whole world.

We then drove to College Station to spend New Years Eve with our friends. We ate yummy food, sat around a bon fire, and the girls and I stayed up waaaay too late talking. Such a blessing.

And now it's a new weekend and I'm bound and determined to get some stuff conquered tomorrow. I'm purging the closets, folks. And the drawers. I have far too much clothing and I need to free up some space as our closet is overflowing. I don't wear a lot of things so they can just get on out of here.

Also, I'd just like to go ahead and say that if the maid comes, I will inevitably spill something sticky on the floor within 12 hours. But ice cream is delicious.

One last thing:

Today, I was sitting at Panera with my laptop getting some work done. I couldn't help but giggle to myself as I heard an employee of Panera announce "Panera, your order is ready, Panera... oh, wait...."

Now that's a cool feeling.

 

No comments: