Friday, July 13, 2012

BIG NEWS and the Sunday School Shower

Yesterday afternoon I went to my doctor's appointment as usual. I mentioned to my doctor that Ellie has not been moving quite as much. She's still moving, I do feel her, but she is not just not moving as much as she normally does. My belly has also not grown that much in the last few weeks, so my doctor decided that I should go have a quick ultrasound. 

I was kinda excited. I love ultrasounds. Any excuse to see my girl is fine by me! She's still head down. Getting pretty squished in there. I got to see her little profile. Isn't she cute?


The ultrasound tech told me that she is right around 7lbs even and looks very healthy!

After the ultrasound, I went back and met with my doctor. I like her. She's a real straight shooter. Low drama. Tells it like it is. She walked in to the room and asked me the following question:

"So, how would you feel about becoming a mom on Monday?"

"Huh?"

She went on to explain that Ellie isn't moving as much because her fluid levels are getting low. And they will continue to decrease. In other words, her living environment is slowly declining and it is time for her to be "evicted". Again, she asked "So, would you like to become a mom on Monday?"

"As in.... Friday, Saturday, Sunday.... MONDAY?!??"

"That's usually how that goes"

"Um.... okay?"

So that's where we're at. We're being induced. Grant and I will check into the hospital late Sunday night and will likely deliver Ellie girl sometime late Monday. I'm in shock. I'm overwhelmed. I'm excited. I'm running around taking care of all kinds of things around the house and making sure I have everything ready.  It's kinda nice to be able to plan and call our family that live in Louisiana and let them know that they should head down on Sunday or Monday. It's crazy to be able to know when she's coming! 

Our little girl will very likely be born on July 16, 2012! 

In the meantime, I need to post these pictures! Grant and I have been beyond blessed to be a part of a Sunday School class at our church since 2008. Okay, so the church calls them "Life Bible Studies" but I still call it Sunday school :) These people have become family to us and we are so thankful to be able to "do life" with them. The ladies threw a GORGEOUS shower at Elizabeth's house back in early June. I'm so glad that one of the hostesses also happens to be a fabulous photographer. These beautiful photos don't do the shower justice! Everything was just lovely:

Delicious food

I loved all the beautiful details

Part of this banner is now used in Ellie's nursery!


The front door


My sweet niece, Grace, holding newborn Avenleigh!

Oh, yummy bundt cake!
This vase is also part of Ellie's nursery!!


Please excuse my puffiness. But my goodness, could that little strawberry onesie be cuter?

I am quite large. 

Two of my favorite girls! Grace Parker and my little friend Lily. 

The amazing hostesses! Kyndall, Sarah, Lynn (and her VERY newborn baby Caleb!), and Elizabeth. Thank you so much for making this shower so special!!

Elizabeth and Sarah
 It was a beautiful day. I can't believe that my little girl is going to be here SO SOON. I'll keep the blog up and running as much as I can!! 

Ellie pictures coming soon :) 

No comments: