Friday, January 11, 2013

Jenny's Not Dead, She's Surely Alive

It's a Christmas Miracle! Or a New Year's Miracle!

Y'all. I have thought about this blog so many times. As it turns out, however, having an infant doesn't really lend itself to creative thoughts or time for writing. It's not that I don't want to be blogging. It's just that I can't imagine sitting down and forming cohesive thoughts and putting them into sentences that make any kind of sense to anyone.

In the past few months since I've blogged (it's been since October, y'all) I've experienced my baby's first Christmas, her first trip to the ER, an evening where I put her to sleep WITHOUT WEARING A DIAPER and she slept for 12 hours, her first two road trips, a stomach virus for both of us, and all sorts of other milestones.

Isn't she gorgeous?






I love her so much it's insane. She'll be SIX MONTHS OLD next week. Holy moly.

Right now she's sleeping in her crib for her morning nap and so I thought I'd sit here and write. Aside from the fact that I miss blogging, I also know that Sunday is the Golden Globe Awards and the thought of not posting the Red Carpet Recap was more than I could bear :)

I have high hopes for 2013. This will be the year of being organized and a perfectly clean house and losing the rest of my baby weight and toned arms and cooking all healthy meals and being on top of it all. OR, it will be the year of surviving and flying by the seat of our pants and doing the best we can :) Either or, I'm sure it will be great.

There's a lot coming up in our lives in the next few weeks and months and I'm going to do all I can to blog about it all. I've really missed this.


1 comment:

Cheryl Kay said...

It's about time! I've missed your blog. Thanks for getting back to it and I'm looking forward to your award show fashion recaps. Love you!