2. Ellie woke up from 1am to 2am the other night. She was having the time of her life. Kicking, laughing, squealing, playing with my hair, discovering different fabrics in her room.... it was really a big party and I could not figure out why she needed to have some girl talk with mom at 1am. However, she repaid me by sleeping till 8am. She is forgiven :)
3. Sunday night I cooked jambalaya with sausage and cornbread. Monday night I cooked Pioneer Woman's chicken spaghetti. Tonight I cooked pork chops with broccoli cheese rice, salad and bread. Tomorrow I'm thinking I'll make a pop tart and a Diet Coke.
3. Since our nieces and nephew were in town last weekend, Grant purchased a few kid-friendly snacks to have in our pantry in case the littles got the munchies. The problem is, now there is a bag of goldfish crackers in my home. I will eat all of them and buy another bag the next time I go to the store. I TOTALLY FORGOT HOW MUCH I LOVE GOLDFISH AND I AM SO GLAD I HAVE A KID NOW. Even though she probably will not be able to eat them for quite some time, I will eat them on her behalf.
4. I realized today that I do at least one load of laundry every day and at least one load of dishes everyday. With me and Grant both home all day and add Ellie into the mix.... we are using a lot of dishes and wearing a lot of clothes. And Ellie wears about 4 outfits a day, so.....
5. Some kids in my neighborhood were sitting on a corner selling lemonade for 50 cents. I'm a sucker for lemonade stands, so I pulled over and started digging for change in my car. I found enough (it involved a lot of pennies) and the kids were so excited. The little boy walked to my car window, ever so slowly, carrying the cup with two hands, trying not to spill. He got to my window and said "I may have poured you too much!". Poor darling. It was filled to the brim. TO THE BRIM. I had to take 3 sips with my head out the window. They were so proud. And also, THAT WAS A VERY SPECIAL CONCOCTION OF LEMONADE. #Tart
6. I'm pretty sure the above paragraph marks the first time in the history of the Jen the Newlywed blog that I've used a hashtag.
7. I went to BabiesRUs and got $180 worth of diapers and wipes for $14.74 with coupons and gift cards. I felt like there should be a parade in my honor as I drove home from the store.
8. I watched Downton Abbey. You guys... I just.... I can't... I just... why? I couldn't stop thinking about it. I had to get up and watch bloopers from the show Friends on YouTube so that I could get happy. It is just all kinds of horrid.
9. We lowered Ellie's crib mattress. It's not necessary quite yet but I was changing the sheets again and I just felt like doing it now rather than later. And after it was all done and everything was put back together, I teared up a little. Don't judge me.
10. I did an arm workout and a butt workout and let's just say I won't be doing that again anytime soon. The soreness abounds.
Alrighty, my friends, I'm going to go read a magazine in bed now because that sounds like heaven after a long day like today :)