Well, folks, I feel like I should go find an evening gown of my own and roll out a red carpet. I am thrilled to announce that I HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD.
Yes, A Liebster Award.
What is a Liebster Award, you ask?
I really honestly don't know.
It has something to do with being a blog writer that doesn't have a ton of readers, and I fit the bill. Regardless, IT IS AN HONOR AND I AM TAKING IT SERIOUSLY.
I've been nominated by Katie who is a darling Texas girl who lives in Boston. I've always wanted to go to Boston. Anyhoo, she nominated me. Here is the criteria:
1. Share 11 facts about myself
2. Answer questions from my nominator
3. Nominate bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award
4. Create questions for nominees to answer
5. And when the nominee is finished, you must link it back to me (as I did above) in your blog post
So, here are 11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. My first car was a Toyota Celica. I totaled it by hitting a brick mailbox. Yup. I'm AWESOME.
2. I won "Most Musical" of my 8th grade class.
3. I love chicken, but I don't love to cook it. I'm always worried that I won't cook it enough or that I will cook it too long. I find myself avoiding chicken recipes.
4. The first musical I ever saw was Phantom of the Opera.
5. I don't put condiments on sandwiches or burgers. I love ketchup, but not on bread.
6. There are distinct groups of people in my life that call me Jen, and a distinct group of people in my life who call me Jenny. Jennifer is dispersed intermittently. When I talk to myself, I call myself Jenny. Example: "Come on Jenny, get it together."
7. The first time I ever flew on a plane was to Cancun. I was seven.
8. Steam makes my face turn bright red in big patches. Shower, hot tubs, even cooking. Steam makes me splotchy.
9. I was very, very old before I could blow bubbles with my gum. It took me a long time to master that skill. Same with whistling. I believe I was 11.
10. I haven't had colored fingernail polish on since I was in high school. I feel like my hands look weird with nail polish on.
11. I have a freakish amount of meaningless pop culture trivia in my head and often try to think of ways I could make money off of this useless knowledge.
Katie's Questions for me:
1. What is your favorite song of the moment? Probably "Home" by Phillip Phillips. I love his voice and it's a happy, catchy song. I love to harmonize to it. I also sing parts of it to Ellie when she's crying. "Settle doooowwwwnn....."
2. Describe the best day of your life in 10 words or less: Grant by my side, Ellie Paige in my arms.
3. What's one dream, hobby or interest that you've always dreamed of pursuing? While most people think I'd answer with something about music or singing, it's actually not that. Believe it or not, I've thought about writing a book. Don't tell anyone about that though.
4. What are you currently reading? "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" by Mindy Kaling. HILARIOUS. I'm expecting another book to come in the mail next week. More on that to come :)
5. You have one full day to yourself with no obligations. What do you do to fill the time? Oh goodness, right now that sounds pretty awesome. I'd sleep in. Get a massage and a mani/pedi. Eat carbohydrates. Watch a movie, probably a historical drama. Eat some more. Finish the day seeing a musical. Sleep.
6. Why did you start blogging? I was living in Louisiana, I had been married for a few months, and I was bored. It started as a way to keep up with family and friends. I never dreamed that 6 years later I'd still be doing it and would have met the people I have met and gotten so much joy out of it. It's been so fun! It's such a great outlet from a creative standpoint.
7. What is your favorite thing about your favorite person? Oh, my Grant. He is charming and funny and he works hard and when he talks about going to a Chinese buffet he calls it a BOOFAY and I laugh hysterically every time.
8. Who would play you in a movie? Emma Stone, Amy Adams, or Isla Fisher. DUH.
9. If you could be a fly on anyone's wall, dead or alive, famous or not, who would it be? I'm sure I would change this answer if you asked me again in a month, but for right now I'm going to go with the writer's room for the show Downton Abbey. And, as a fly, I would buzz around obnoxiously when they were making stupid decisions. GET IT TOGETHER, PEOPLE.
10. Do you have a secret shame? You know, the party trick you pull out to impress people? The pop culture knowledge. Ask me anything. It's either that or watch how quickly I can devour a cheeseburger. What's that, you're on your 3rd bite? I'M FINISHED.
Who I'm nominating: (If you don't feel like doing this, I won't be mad)
1. My friend Cindy
2. Allison at Collecting the Dots
3. Lynn at The Happenings of Lynn
4. Ashley at Life Beyond the Pink
And here are the questions for them to answer.
1. Do you play a musical instrument? If not, what would you like to learn to play if given the chance?
2. Where would you like to go on your next vacation?
3. What physical attribute do you have that you wouldn't change?
4. What are your favorite movies from your childhood that you would like to share with your children?
5. What did your prom dress look like?
6. You're given a choice of a 2 week vacation in New York City, 2 weeks in Hawaii, or 2 weeks skiing in Colorado. What would you choose?
7. Is there something about who you are today that would surprise the 12 year old version of yourself?
8. If you could have a different first name, what would you choose?
9. What's an item on your to-do list that you keep putting off?
10. When was the last time you laughed till you cried?
That's all folks :) It's been fun! Thanks for nominating me, Katie. I never did get into that evening gown. Pajama pants and a t-shirt for me on this Saturday evening. Join me tomorrow night or Monday morning for the Grammy Red Carpet blog!