Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars 2009

First of all, let me just say that this year's show was so much better than last year's show, largely due to Hugh Jackman's amazing performance. Did ya'll know he is a major Broadway guy? The man is mega talented and he carried the show last night. I always love seeing him sing and dance! Yay for Hugh! I also really loved the new way they were announcing the nominees last night. I thought it was very honoring for each nominee to have a kind word said about their performance by a previous winner. I hope they keep doing that.
I did not, however, love Whoopi's dress. That was just a little bit too much of everything!

I have mixed feelings about Sarah Jessica Parker here. What do ya'll think?


Penelope's dress had so much detail, you could tell whoever made it is super talented!


I can't find a picture where Miley is not making a weird face. The top of her dress is really cool... I am going back and forth on the rest of it though. For some reason it reminds me of the Little Mermaid. It reminds me of the shells that Ariel and her sisters sit in and sing from.


Let the record show that I am not an Angelina Jolie fan. However, I will say that her earrings last night were a-mazing and I want them for all the red carpet events I will attend. The back of her dress was very pretty.


Heidi dissapointed me last night. Her hair was awkward and so was the cut of the dress.


This girl is so pretty. I would've liked the dress without the sleeve.


I think Anne may have been my favorite for the night. The bottom of her dress was so intricate and so so elegant. She looked gorgeous. And homegirl surprised me when she got up there with Hugh! The girl can sing!

Coolest Necklace Award goes to Amy Adams. I am loving it.


What is wrong with this woman? She was on my worst dressed list at last year's Oscars!


I like this girl! And she looked so pretty last night! Yay Taraji!


I am SO HAPPY for Kate! SO SO HAPPY! I'm glad she finally won her Oscar. This assymetrical neckline was very popular last night.


Beyonce.... that's a big NO.


Yay Jen! And look at Mr. Mayer all dressed up! He cleans up nice. I felt awkward for Jen a few times cause everytime they would show her on stage, they would cut to a shot of Brad & Angelina looking at her. Could they make it any more uncomfortable!? Plus, when she was annoucing the winner to whatever award she was presenting, she was standing about 2 feet away from him. She looked absolutely stunning though and she seems so happy.


Alrighty my friends, let me know what you think! Who was your fave last night?
Have a great week!


4 comments:

Rusty and Jennifer said...

I didn't get to see much of the show last night, but knew that I would get a good recap by reading your blog!
Just wanted to tell you how pretty you looked in the choir yesterday! I saw you up there and nudged Rusty, "Look, it's Jen the newlywed!" Somehow, I don't think that I will ever call you by your real name!

Unknown said...

I liked Natalie Portman's pink dress. So lovely. Thanks for the recap! I gave up watching about halfway through.

Lindsee Lou said...

Hugh was fabulous. My favorite thing was the "musical" number! :)

And friend, I am so sad you didn't put up a pic of Natalie Portman, her dress was my favorite!

Kelli said...

I LOVED LOVED Amy Adam's necklace! Every time I see her I want to sing music with her from Enchanted.

I thought SJP's girls needed more coverage!

The Beyonce/Hugh moment was my favorite of the whole night!!