Sunday, May 31, 2009

Juliet & Scarlett Turn Three!

On May 31, 2006, two precious baby girls came into my life and made me an aunt for the very first time. Juliet and Scarlett have brought so much joy to our lives!

Saturday was their 3rd birthday party so Grant and I took a day trip to Austin to celebrate with the little monkeys. It was a beautiful drive.


The only sad part was we were the first car on the scene of a horrible accident. Grant and others helped drag this poor guy out of his truck which had flipped multiple times. There wasn't much of an arm left on the guy and Grant is thinking he probably didn't make it. It kinda put a damper on the rest of the trip. Thankfully, we knew we were going to a very happy place and had to just pray for the man and thank God for His safety that He provides!

On to happier things.....

The twins really enjoy gymnastics. They go once a week (they call it "My nastics" and seem to really be getting the hang of things! So, they had a gymnastics party and all their little friends from school came.

Here they are in the group circle doing their stretches before hand.


Juliet doing a butterfly stretch with her best friend from school.


Look at our big girl!


Scarlett is really good at these kicks.


This is Jules and her friend Sage, just hanging out.


Headin in....


SILLY GIRL!


Great form!


Parker was there and y'all OH MY GOSH. The child did not stop. She has NO fear and almost exploded with joy!


The teacher had them all lay on this big mat that slowly filled up with air. They squealed the whole time!


Here it is fuller. At this point, Grace Parker got a bit freaked.


Now RUN!! I think Scarlett just took those boys OUT!


Dean was there too. He just chilled. HOW PRECIOUS IS THIS BOY?!


I'm so impressed with her!


I don't think they had any fun at all.


Ooooh PARACHUTE! Oh the kids loved loved loved it.


Especially this one. She sure did love the parachute.


Not quite time to go in Parker girl... oh well...


Enter children!


Parker, otherwise known as the great blur. This was the best shot I could get of her most of the day. Joyful, much?


What's going on out here?


My sincere apologies to my dad (Pops) for not getting a shot of the 2 three-tiered cakes he made for his granddaughters. I did get a video of everyone singing happy birthday but this is a new camera and I can't figure out how to upload the video to the computer! I will figure it out soon and post the video later this week so you all can see my dad's beautiful cakes!

Yummy!



I love this one.

After the birthday party ended, we headed back to Shannon and Jason's house to give the girls their birthday presents. They were pretty excited!




This one was excited too!

So the girls are really into dress-up clothes right now, so my mom bought them each a beautiful costume that they just loved. Scarlett was Minnie Mouse and Juliet was Wendy from Peter Pan. (They LOVE Peter Pan)

Here is Juliet becoming Wendy. She was very serious about the whole thing.


Here they are discussing their costumes.

And we have to look in the mirror at ourselves.

Trying to get a pose.... they were too excited!

I think they thought it was a pretty good birthday!! I love you, sweet girls and am so proud of how big you are!



11 comments:

Shenanigans said...

OMG, Jenny. Thank you thank you for documenting our day so well. I was so busy it was a bit of a blur, but I remember it was sooooo much fun and that they never stopped smiling. Thanks for coming! Love ya. Shannon

Laura SanchezQuan said...

HOW CUTE ARE THOSE GIRLS!!!!! What a fun party! and I love the dress up outfits! SOOOO CUTE!!! :)

Jaclyn said...

oh how i love them. I am SOO glad you got all these pics. The twinkies are PRECIOUS and I had such a great time. Can't believe they are so big :(

Marianne said...

Oh my they are all so cute! I can't believe the twins are three.

connorcolesmom said...

Oh that are so cute!!
Love that fun party and all the pics
They are blessed to have you :)

Lindsee Lou said...

I just can't get over that last picture. Sigh.

Allie said...

That party looked awesome fun, and those girls are precious! Oh and how lush does baby dean look!! :) such lovely pics Jen!

Erica said...

How cute are those girls?! And Mr. Dean...there are no words! I want to kiss each of their little cheeks!

Oh, and you are now totally famous! Lincee references your comment in her latest Bachelorette recap! I must admit that I shrieked like a little girl when I read that! I just want you to know that I am so proud and honored to be your friend! :)

Ronda said...

How fun! I can't believe how big the girls are now! It seems just like yesterday they were just born!

Fran said...

How sweet are they?! Love these pix.

Heather said...

I love this post!!! Love ALL the pictures and those babies are too cute and so are those girls!! I need to put Emma in gymnastics, she would love it!!