Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Movin' On Up

It is 12:15 in the morning and the husband and I are about to hit the sack.

We walked through the house this evening for a final walk-through.... everything looks beautiful. The previous homeowners even left us a bottle of champagne and a card to welcome us to our new home. I am so excited!! I can't believe tomorrow is moving day.

We have been packing ALL NIGHT. We are 90% done. Thankfully we have a little more time.... we will close tomorrow morning at 9:00am and then the movers don't come until 1:00. So we have a few hours in there to get some more stuff finished.

Can I ask y'all to pray for a few things?

Pray for a smooth closing. This whole process has been full of surprises and I'd rather not have any as we are signing all of our money away tomorrow!

Pray for Grant and I with our stress levels. I'm sure you all can imagine that we haven't been the kindest to one another these past few days as we have constantly been in a rush and not having our best communication skills going on. He has been WONDERFUL and so helpful but I have been a little sassy lately! When I get overwhelmed it brings out the worst in me...

Please pray for us as the forecast says it is supposed to thunderstorm all day tomorrow. Not ideal moving weather! But I am just taking a deep breath... I know that if God brings us to it He is going to bring us through it!

It's finally here, friends! Moving Day!! Thank y'all for reading and sticking with me as I have whined, complained, poured my heart out and beyond. It has been a long road... and pictures will be coming soon! We won't have internet in the new place for a few days so this could be me signing off for a while.... But just know that I'll be decorating my new home in the meantime!

Love you!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so ridiculously happy for you. So happy in fact that I am resisting showing up at your house tomorrow and hugging you!! :) Happy Happy Moving Day!!!!

Laura SanchezQuan said...

YAY! Today is going to be great!

I pray that Grant & Jen will work together smoothly to get things done today. I pray for good weather, or at least for all their things to not get wet. Thank you Lord for this house for them and many many happy happy years and amazing things to come in it! Amen!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

It's moving day!!
It's moving day!!
It's moving day!!

Heather said...

I have been praying for you and so happy that you have gotten to move into your new home!! I think I need to see it, and maybe meet you first, or both at the same time! :)