I work full time.
Let's be honest, sometimes I work more than full time.
I don't write very much about my job on the blog. Mainly because (a) my job would be boring to you and (b) I don't think anyone from my office knows I have a blog but they may and I don't want to say anything about work if someone could find out about it.
But this is the season of life I am in right now. I am 25 years old, married, no children, and trying to save some money. I need to work right now.
And 90% of the time, I enjoy working.
I feel like I'm pretty good at what I do.
I LOVE the people I work with. They are HILARIOUS.
I work at a place that is very good to us. We are spoiled rotten, to be honest. Sometimes we have Cupcake Day. This week we had Sundae Tuesday. We get taken out to lunch. We get naptime during the middle of the day if we choose to do that on our lunch hour. We are not micro-managed and we are given alot of freedom. I work at a great place.
But sometimes.... ohhhhh sometimes..... I just get so burnt out. Not because of the actual job that I do, but just for the mere fact that I work full time. I feel like I can't be good at anything else in life because work wears me out so much.
Now I'm going to write something that is going to make alot of people very mad if I don't preface it by explaining myself. Before I say anything, I'm going to say this. I THINK STAY AT HOME MOM'S HAVE THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD. I am NOT for one minute saying that I think S.A.H.M.'s have a cushy life.
But what I am saying is that sometimes I long for the years where I can wear tennis shoes or flip flops everyday. I long for the years that I don't have to ask permission to go on vacation. I long for the years that I can help someone with something and be a servant to them between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm. I feel like I can only be a good friend/daughter/sister on nights and weekends.
I guess I just feel like I work all day and then I come home and I have another job here.
Is there anyone else that feels the way I feel?
I'm curious about my readers and I'd like to do a survey. I would love if you would leave a comment with your answers.
1. Your first name
2. Where in the world do you live?
3. Do you have a job? If so, what do you do? (Nothing specific... you can just say "teacher" or "Marketing" or whatever)
4. Do you work from home? Or an office? (Or hospital, school, store, or whatever)
5. Do you have children?
6. If you could quit working, would you? Or if you don't have a job, if you could go back to work, would you?
7. And a just for fun question.... what was the first concert you ever went to?
I'll go ahead and do my answers here....
1. My name is Jen
2. I live in Houston, Texas
3. I do have a job. I'm a legal secretary/paralegal or whatever we're called now.
4. I work in an office.
5. I do not have children. Someday :)
6. I don't know if I would quit working right now. I'm happy with where I work and what I do. And the money is helpful. But somedays I would like to put 100% into other areas of my life.
7. First concert ever.... Amy Grant :)
I'm excited to see your answers!