Sunday, May 16, 2010

One of Those Taggin' Things

My dear friend Jessica tagged me in this fun little thing. Jessica is a red-head and she is irritatingly beautiful but she's just so sweet and precious that it is no longer irritating because you just like her so gosh-darn much. She's pretty awesome.

I rarely am tagged in the blogworld, and sometimes when I am tagged I don't do them because I'm all full of lazy. But this one in particular seemed kinda fun.

1. Who is your style icon?

I'm gonna go with Lady Gaga. Or, not. She is a spaz and a half. I normally don't like to trash talk on the blog, but I'm just gonna come out and say it. That woman is straight up cuckoo for cocoa puffs



For real though, I have a slight obsession with Ann Taylor. The store, not the person. I would say that 90% of my closet is Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, or Ann Taylor Factory Store. As a petite girl with especially short legs, the clothes fit me to a tee. I never have to get anything hemmed or altered. Everything is modest and feminine and is great for the work wardrobe as well.


I wore a dress very similar to this to a wedding shower today!

2. What is your favorite socialite lit book?

Well, I can answer this question in one of two ways. The first way I could answer it is I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Apparently I'm not well read in socialite lit.

I will take this moment to admit to you that I have been a subscriber to People magazine since I was 18.

Moving on.

3. Your favorite party theme?


I would say the easiest is a Fiesta since all you really need is some fajitas and margaritas and you've got yourself a par-tay.




4. Your go-to Halloween costume?

Someone once gave her prom dress to me so that I could wear it when I grew up. When I got old enough to wear it, that particular style was no longer, well, in style. However, I sure did use it for Halloween costumes. All I needed was some high heels, alot of eye shadow and a hair crimper. It must be said that the original owner/wearer of this prom dress is a reader of this here blog. Thanks for the great dress, Kim. :)


It is a long story as to why I am in this dress in this picture as my beautiful friend Laura is not dressed up and I don't have time to explain all this out here but it was a special night and I only wore the dress for 10 minutes and then I got back into normal clothing :)


5. An extravagance you can't live without?

Pedicures. Pedicures. Pedicures. In fact, this weekend I decided not to get a pedicure even when I so badly needed one. I decided to save money because I spent $150 at Target and Grant about died when I told him because he doesn't understand how Target is so wonderful and so I thought "I won't get my toes done and it will make up for it" but I have been incredibly self-conscious and insecure about my toes all weekend. Even though I read "So Long Insecurity" and went to a whole seminar about it in Atlanta a few weeks back, I am insecure about my toes. I don't feel pretty unless my toes are done. Target or no Target, I am getting pedicures once a month from here on out. The end.

6. A living person you admire

I admire Lindsee. I can't even start to put it all into words now as I will start crying and I have to save something for all the speeches I will give at her rehearsal dinner someday but I just love her. I got to see her today and it is good for my soul. I love you, Lou.




7. Your greatest fear

I really don't want to get into all my real true life greatest fears as it is currently 10:30 at night and I will not be able to sleep if I write them all out. But some of my fears include car accidents, fire, and ceiling fans spinning out of control and flying in pieces all over the room.

Seriously.


8. Trait you deplore about yourself

Where do I begin? I talk too much. I am very lethargic. My handsome husband is currently doing the dishes while I'm laying in bed blogging. And sometimes I have one of those "insert foot in mouth" moments where I'm all "WOMAN WHAT IN THE WORLD DID YOU JUST SAY AND WHY IN THE SAM HILL DID YOU SAY IT OUT LOUD?!?"

9. Talent you wish you had
I wish I had the ability to decorate and organize a bit better. And clean a little better. And I wish I was an artist... I wish I could paint. I wish I had toned arms. I know that that's not really talent but while we were on the subject I thought I'd throw that in there. Toned arms.

10. Your greatest achievement

I have done alot of cool things that I'm proud of... my years in acting/theater/musicals and the awesome roles I got to play are definitely a time in my life that I wish I could revisit sometimes. And the work I've done with children's choirs is something I'm proud to speak of.

Also, I ate fettucine alfredo twice this week.

Achievement. And well on my way to those toned arms.

Okay... I am tagging 3 people!

Kelli over at Breathing His Joy

6 comments:

Laura SanchezQuan said...

#4 is my favorite!!!!! I love you, woman!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Thanks for the tag. I'm gonna start working on it. I am feeling lots of pressure! :)

Oh, I heart all things Ann Taylor, too!!! :)

tara said...

how could gaga not be your style icon? ann taylor's got nothin on the ga!

Heather said...

Thanks for the tag!! Oh wait, I wasn't tagged. Ok seriously, you are making me laugh!! I have the same fear about ceiling fans spinning out of control!! And gaga, she makes me wanna barf. is that a bird's nest around her head? Freak. Yes, I just said it, she's a freak. Love you!!!! Miss you tons!!

Lindsee said...

Um, how sweet are you, my sweet friend?! This made my day. I love you to bits. Almost as much as I love Lady GaGa.

Fran said...

You are a nut and I love ya!

Oh, and my sight word is undies.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!