Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby Girl's First Shower

Me and my little girl are so blessed.

Her first baby shower was a giant success and an even bigger blessing. My two sisters and my best friend Lindsee honored me and my darling girl with the most beautiful baby shower. It was filled with yummy food, beautiful decorations, amazing cake, generous gifts, and family friends that I have known since I was a baby myself. It was so special and Grant and I are BEYOND thankful. Here are a few photos of the event which was hosted at Jaclyn's beautiful home!

The beautiful banner that my Lindsee Lou made! 

Another shot of the banner. Little touches of turquoise and pink were everywhere! :)

Some of the sweet gifts. That cute pillow is from Jaclyn... it's totally going on the chair in baby girl's nursery!

Oh. Be still my heart. Juliet, Scarlett, and Grace. All grown up. They'll be such sweet girls to their new little cousin!

I LOVE this picture. This is baby girl's first photo with her two grandmothers! It was so fun to have Grant's mom  and dad here for the weekend! 

The hostesses! Baby girl's Aunt Shannon, Aunt Jaclyn, and Aunt Lou!

Someone took a picture of me and my sisters, my mom, Grant's mom, and my sister-in-law Ronda who came all the way from Baton Rouge for the shower! If anyone reading this has that photo on their phone/camera please send it to me because I'd really like to have it :) 

So thankful for this friend who prayed over me and baby girl :) 
 Lindsee was writing down the gift list for me. After I unwrapped about 3 presents, she turns to me and says "YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY." It just hits us every once in awhile!

Claire and Lindsee- how far we've come together!

The original Martin girls :) I love my mama and sisters

Lindsee got her this stinkin' adorable onesie. Those flowers are on the little booty part. And there's a matching hat. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE PHOTOS!!

This was the table. Those butterfly cookies were DELICIOUS!
I am just so beyond thankful for such a sweet shower! We're truly blessed! 

4 comments:

Fran said...

These pictures make me so happy and just grin from ear to ear!! What a precious baby girl you will have soon! She is covered in love!

You look beautiful Jen!

MK said...

Looks like a great time!

Lindsee said...

Throwing the shower was a blessing. For real, you are going to have a BABY! I love you and cannot wait to meet her.

Lindsey said...

Oh, sweet friend...I just love this post. So glad to see that you are being showered with love by those that love you most!