Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kristin Chenoweth and Other News

Things are busy and wonderful around here!

Last week, I was treated to a lovely evening out by my mom. Mom took me and Jaclyn to dinner and then to Jones Hall in downtown Houston to see the incomparable Kristin Chenoweth. 

Kristin Chenoweth is a broadway star, Tony award winner, Emmy award winner, opera singer, country singer, actress, dancer, and full-on powerhouse. She. Was. Amazing. 

Here we are at the concert:
















My belly came along with us. 

Highlights of the show: 

1. Kristin lying down on the floor of the stage and saying "Ohhhhh, my spanks"
2. Kristin calling a girl out from the audience to sing Elphaba's part in "For Good". Made some girl's dream come true. Beautiful moment.
3. When she threw me for a loop and sang "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables instead of the usual "I Dreamed a Dream". It was hauntingly beautiful.

Also, before the show, the 3 of us had dinner at Cracker Barrel, and you can't go wrong with chicken and dumplins. You just can't. 

Otherwise, things have been good around here. I went swimming at my parents' house this weekend which was nice. I felt weightless. And let me tell you, I was looking GOOD in that maternity swimsuit. Seriously, I've never felt more secure in myself ever. (SENSE MY SARCASM, FOLKS.)

Yesterday was my dear husband's 28th birthday. I gave him some summer clothes from the Gap that I have to say he looks ridiculously handsome in. But he is always ridiculously handsome. 

Also, yesterday we picked up the rocking chair for baby girl's room. Once the room is complete, I'll post all the fun pictures. I can't believe she'll be here in about 60 days! How is this happening already?!

She's growing and kicking... a lot. It's so fun. I can't wait to meet her and see her. I am so curious about her coloring. Grant and I both come from dark-haired families, however I have red hair so we shall see what she turns out to be! 

I don't really care either way. I just know I'm going to love every bit of her. And squish her. And snuggle her. 

Oh, and in case you didn't know... her name will be Ellie. 

My sweet Ellie girl. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

It sounds like you had a fabulously fun weekend! And Ellie? That just might be about the sweetest little baby girl name I've ever heard. It's so fun following along your journey!