Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We Haven't Talked About Television in Awhile...

It's been awhile since we've spent some time discussing the shows on the television. Some shows are wrapping up with their season finales. Some shows are gearing up for summer. Some shows are about crab fishing and your husband makes you sit and watch those with him and you find yourself getting invested in a show about crab fishing. 

But that is neither here nor there. 

Get ready, folks. JEN HAS GOT SOME OPINIONS COMING YOUR WAY.


Oh, Smash. How you have bursted into my life and taken over with your well written ballads and dramatic plot twists. 


Smash is a new show on NBC that has a lot going on. IT HAS A LOT GOING ON. There are casting changes and song changes and relationship changes and evil assistants that poison people with peanuts. But I can't stop watching. The music is amazing. Katharine McPhee is INCREDIBLE. Her voice is killer. Last night was the finale and apparently the new season won't start till MID-SEASON next year which typically means January which means THAT IS A LONG TIME. Until then, I'll be listening to the soundtrack :)

Grant and I L-O-V-E LOVE How I Met Your Mother. I really want to know who the mother is and they are taking their dear sweet time revealing that to us. 


Last night was the season finale of How I Met Your Mother or HIMYM. (In our home, we refer to this show as Him-Yim). The season finale was exciting but several things happened that I am not too thrilled about. We'll see how things unfold. I am not angry, just not sure that I like the direction things are going. Grant, however, was thrilled. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT MEANT TO BE TOGETHER. And that's all I'm going to say about that. There was a scene referring to the movie "The Breakfast Club" in last night's finale that almost made me pee my pants. Seriously. LOVE THIS SHOW.

American Idol.
Why do you suck me in every year and never let me go?


Here's the problem with this year's final contestants. They are all really, really good. But I don't think any of them will have major success. I don't think they will make albums that will break records. I hope they prove me wrong. Joshua Ledet is amazing. His voice is over the top. Phil Phillips is great and super talented but he sounds exactly like Dave Matthews and we already have him. Jessica is good but I can't put my finger on what I don't like about her. We'll see what happens. I REALLY liked Colton and am looking forward to hearing big things from him on Christian radio stations in the very near future!


HELLO, MY NAME IS JEN, AND I WATCH THE BACHELORETTE. 


I watch The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I do. Do not judge me.

Thankfully, I think this season might be kinda boring, but in a good way. Boring because I think Emily is too much of a lady to do a lot of inappropriate things and I think she has a daughter and isn't going to have too many hot tub scenes. Maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. But she is darling. And based on last night's show, she doesn't have too many good ones to choose from. There are some weirdos on this show. I'm talking about the ostrich egg guy. For reals. 

This isn't even a quarter of all the shows I'm invested in right now, but these are the ones I felt the need to talk about today. 

Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions as well!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE smash...and I was bummed at the way it ended last night! And Emily...she is too cute when she kepy saying "Golly, I'm nervous!" :) I hope that she doesnt go trampy.....

Anonymous said...

SMASH is the first show since LOST to grip me (I used to watch GLEE for my musical nerd fix but that show irks me now). I cannot believe the way it ended last night. Did Ivy kill herself? Will Derek stop her and decide to forego his womanizing ways and profess undying love to her? Will Karen forgive Dev since they are so meant to be (even though I am SO mad at him)? AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!! I can't believe we have to wait until NEXT YEAR to find out!

In other news, I'm grateful we have blogs for keeping up with people. Congrats on your pregnancy, I'm super happy for y'all. Baby girls are the best!

Jen Spencer

Lindsey said...

oh, friend...I'm such a fan of SMASH!! I missed the last three episodes because school has taken over my life, but now that I am finished I plan on watching all three tonight. :)