Hello my dear friends,
Yes, as many of you may have heard by now, we are moving to Houston, and we are moving SOON.
A little background info: We have been praying about a new job for Grant for over a year now. It has been a LONG process and lots of back and forth stuff. But the last several months we have just been on our knees about it and felt God saying "It's time". Grant started applying for jobs in March.
A GREAT opportunity came along and on Tuesday Grant accepted a job offer in Houston.
Yes, I am very excited to return to my hometown! Most of my family lives there and so does my Lindsee. We are very excited to be going but right now we are STRESSED.
Grant starts his new job Monday, May 5 and we are moving Friday, May 2. Yesterday I put in my two weeks at work and it went over about like how I thought it would.
I am asking for a few specific prayer needs if you would be so kind:
1. Please pray that we are able to find an apartment in a nice area that is well priced.
2. Pray for my job, that they would be able to find someone QUICKLY that I can train. I am leaving my employers in a very sticky situation and I would hate to leave them high and dry.
3. Pray for our friends Katie & Mo. We are attached at the hip and are having a very hard time saying good bye to them, even though I KNOW we will still see them all the time!
4. Pray that I would be able to find a new job in Houston quickly.
5. And finally, our stress levels are pretty high. Pray that Grant and I would be calm and not overwhelmed. The Lord has provided for us thus far and He certainly is not going to stop now! This is an exciting time that does not need to be bogged down with Jen having a minor (okay, sometimes major) meltdown every 48 hours!
Tomorrow Grant and I are going out of town for a few days with my family for a vacation, so we are looking forward to putting "the move" on the back burner for a few days.
This is something I have been wanting to share for so long and I'm so glad the cat is finally out of the bag!
Love you ladies, you'll be seeing me waist high in moving boxes very soon!