Thursday, April 17, 2008

Big News!

Hello my dear friends,

Yes, as many of you may have heard by now, we are moving to Houston, and we are moving SOON.

A little background info: We have been praying about a new job for Grant for over a year now. It has been a LONG process and lots of back and forth stuff. But the last several months we have just been on our knees about it and felt God saying "It's time". Grant started applying for jobs in March.

A GREAT opportunity came along and on Tuesday Grant accepted a job offer in Houston.

Yes, I am very excited to return to my hometown! Most of my family lives there and so does my Lindsee. We are very excited to be going but right now we are STRESSED.

Grant starts his new job Monday, May 5 and we are moving Friday, May 2. Yesterday I put in my two weeks at work and it went over about like how I thought it would.

I am asking for a few specific prayer needs if you would be so kind:

1. Please pray that we are able to find an apartment in a nice area that is well priced.

2. Pray for my job, that they would be able to find someone QUICKLY that I can train. I am leaving my employers in a very sticky situation and I would hate to leave them high and dry.

3. Pray for our friends Katie & Mo. We are attached at the hip and are having a very hard time saying good bye to them, even though I KNOW we will still see them all the time!

4. Pray that I would be able to find a new job in Houston quickly.

5. And finally, our stress levels are pretty high. Pray that Grant and I would be calm and not overwhelmed. The Lord has provided for us thus far and He certainly is not going to stop now! This is an exciting time that does not need to be bogged down with Jen having a minor (okay, sometimes major) meltdown every 48 hours!

Tomorrow Grant and I are going out of town for a few days with my family for a vacation, so we are looking forward to putting "the move" on the back burner for a few days.

This is something I have been wanting to share for so long and I'm so glad the cat is finally out of the bag!

Love you ladies, you'll be seeing me waist high in moving boxes very soon!

13 comments:

Heather said...

Will pray for your move and for the stress! Will also pray for the job there and for God to open a door in TX!

cristina said...

i'll be lifting up your requests. especially for NO STRESS...

and how 'bout you let us know what kind of job you're looking for...just in case we know of open doors. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

I'm not sure if you remember me from High school but I'm a friend of Joanna. I just read your blog and I wanted to give you some advice on the packing situation. This might help with the load and stress situation as well as time. I would start packing a box everyday. You know for stuff that you won't use for the next couple of weeks or winter clothes that are out of season and you know you won't wear. Atleast when it comes down to the exact day you won't be overloaded. You'll just throw the boxes in the moving van and be on your way to Houston!!!!

I've moved a couple of times and this has really helped the stress level stay controlled. I pray that everything works out for you and your husband. I'm sure you'll find a wonderful home and an exciting new job. I hope this helps! Take care girlie!

Michelle Bernal

Katie said...

I wuv you jenny!

Erica said...

Yippee! Welcome back to Houston, my friend! I am praising God with you for His answered prayer, and I will lift up your requests. Keep taking deep breaths! :)

connorcolesmom said...

YEAH!!
I am so excited for you and Grant.
It is going to be a great thing to be back near family and friends.
I will be praying for you and the things you mentioned!
Much love,
kim

Dana said...

Oh Jen! I know moving is stressful but how exciting! I know your family must be thrilled! Which part are you wanting to live in?

Jon and Sally said...

Jen!!!
Yea for you!!! Such fun news! You get to live in the same city as one of your nieces!! I'm so excited for you!!
You've got to figure that, either way, you'll end up in Houston somehow...with or without stress! Wouldn't it be easier without it?? Pack it up in one of those boxes baby!
So thrilled for you! Love you!
Sal

Ashley said...

These are exciting times for you and your husband. Praying for ya!

PS - I linked here from Lindsee's blog!

Allie said...

Jen, that is SUCH exciting news!! It'll be wonderful for you to be back in your hometown. Yay! x

Ronda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronda said...

I, of course, am sad. :-( If you get a minute, I tagged you. If you need to wait and catch your breath first, no problem, too. We're praying for you guys!

Fran said...

Simply awesome Jen!!!

This is so exciting so just let joy and peace rule that heart of yours!!

Congrats! I'm praying for ya!
Love,
Fran